Sunday, February 1, 2009

After the Storm...

I hope everyone survived the ice storm! It did some damage to my tree in the front yard. The ice actually broke off a fourth of the tree and almost hit my Vue. My tree is divided into 4 parts, so one part broke off, which was made up of two huge limbs. Thank goodness it didn't do any damage though. Dad and Jason cleaned it up on Saturday, so now at least you can see my yard.

Last week my house was like a motel. Mom stayed with me 3 nights so she could go to work since they didn't have electricity back at home. Josh and his girlfriend Leslie have stayed here the weekend with me since they didn't have electricity either. Finally, mom and dad got electricity this morning around 4am. I'm so glad nothing happened to ours! We were very fortunate. The farm is a total wreck back in Butler County. There is tree limbs and trees down everywhere! It will take months for it to get all cleaned up. I'm just glad no one was hurt and there wasn't any bad damage!!

In spite of all the snow and ice, things have been really crazy for us. We finally got our wedding invitations addressed and will mail them out tomorrow! I still have a few things to buy and "thank you" cards to send out. I had another shower at work this week and a shower on Saturday morning with my church friends. We are so very fortunate to have great family, coworkers, and friends who are so generous. We still have 2 more wedding showers to go. One will be at Jason's work and one will be for my Butler County family. Only 26 more days to go! We are getting really excited and are counting down the days! What we are really looking forward to is the honeymoon! We are going to Antigua and can't wait to get to the beach!!!

No comments: