Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring has sprung...sometimes

Wow...it's been a few months since I've updated the blog. A lot has happened since the beginning of February. I am now MARRIED! That's right...Jason and I tied the knot on February 28th. I am now officially a Bechard (pronounced Beshard...it's french canadian). It was a beautiful ceremony despite the uncooperative weather (rain and snow). However, we did have a great turnout but not as many as we were first expecting since some people had to travel far and didn't want to get out in the weather. Jason's father did the ceremony and I couldn't have picked a better person to do it. It was a very simple ceremony and very moving, at least for me. After spending the night in Nashville (compliments of his parents) we headed out the next morning to Antigua, which is just north of South America in the Caribbean. It was absolutely breathtaking and was just what we needed. I am so happy we were able to go and see such beautiful water and countryside. If you haven't already, you should check out my pics on facebook.

I finally went to day shift at work after we got back from the honeymoon. I will have to say it did take a bit to get used to...especially having to wake up at 5:15 am. I have gotten more use to it now but it still is hard at times to get out of bed. I am now accustomed to going to bed between 10p-11p. Who would of ever have thought that?!?!?! LoL... I was a total night owl...and now I'm exhausted by 10. I do like working days better because the day goes by so much quicker and it is also so much busier too. I still am trying to get my ducks in a row and it gets very stressful at times...but things are going a bit smoother than when I first started out. I do need to learn to control my temper when I get upset though because of being stressed and all... sometimes I let loose without evening thinking and it ends up hurting feelings. I don't mean for it too..it's something I'm just trying to deal with and learn to control. Wish me luck and pray for me! I need all the help I can get! All in all though.. I'm really liking dayshift..which is very surprising! :)

And on to other great news.... My brother Josh is getting married in a few weeks. His wedding date is set for May 2nd. He is marrying Leslie Childress who is originally from Michigan but moved to Butler County from Florida. They met last year and have been together ever since. She is such a sweet girl and I really wish them the best. My parents won't know what to do which both kids being married...haha! Of course I've been out of the house since 2004 but now with Josh being gone too... I bet they'll go stir crazy..or really enjoy it!

I've decided to head back to school in the fall to get my Master's in Nursing Administration. I've thought long and hard about the different programs and have decided this will be the best route for me. I don't plan on staying in BG forever and I want something to fall back on since I don't want to do bedside nursing the rest of my life. I just now need to go talk to someone about it. So hopefully I'll get this ball rolling soon. I've got so much to do within the next 6 months with work, doing projects for work and trying to get my Clinical Ladder 4 at work (which means a 10% raise on the hour)... it can get overwhelming at times, but I hope to follow through with each.

The next few weeks involves us going to the hotrod games, the crawfish boil for Jason's work, hanging out with our Nashville friends (which if it hadn't have been for them...I would have never met Jason), Josh's wedding and then spending time with Jason's friend in Knoxville. We'll have busy weekends ahead after our busy weeks! Until next time...

No comments: