Friday, July 24, 2009

My suckage at updating!

So I'm not as good at updating this as I thought I would be. It seems like I have to other many things to do and just forget..oh well. Maybe this will make up for it!

Much as happened since the last time I blogged. We married off my brother on May 2nd to Leslie Childress. She is such a sweet girl and is a great addition to the family. And to make it even better, they are expecting! Josh and Leslie will be parents in December. I will get to be an Auntie!! Not that I'm not one now because I'm an aunt to lil Miss Ally, but now I'll be a blood aunt! I can't wait! It will give me an excuse to go home more often now! :)

I decided in May that I would be going back to school. I applied to the graduate program at WKU and got accepted into the Nursing Administration Program. I will be graduating with my Master's of Science in Nursing Administration hopefully in May of 2012. It will take me 3 years of part-time study, but I want to have a life as well. This first semester I am taking 6 hours. I took 3 hours in June with my graduate statistics class which is online! Let me just say.. it was a doosey but I managed an A.

Jason and I have been to visit his parents in Lynchburg a few times and have a trip planned for next weekend there. I absolutely love going to the lake and just hanging out. It's so relaxing and just nice to not have to worry about anything. Hopefully it will warm up enough for us to get a swim in the neighbors pool! :)

Speaking of Jason, I have to say he is becoming the king of canning in the past two months. He has made blackberry jelly, hot pepper jelly, and has even pickled some peppers. This weekend is is making mint jelly..so I can't wait to try that. He's the super duper househusband I've always wanted...haha! J/K! He is a great cook though. Everyone says he needs to go to culinary school. He never ceases to amaze me by the things he comes up with to cook.

Work has been going well. We were really busy for a while and then got really slow. That's how it is in the baby business, it's either feast or famine. Thankfully it's picked up a bit now! Also, I just stay busy at work being involved in projects, meetings, and helping to make our unit a better place for our nurses to work. I guess this is why I wanted to pursue Nursing Administration. I've seen a different side of nursing being involved in more than just the patient care side and I think it will be something I will thoroughly enjoy!

I'm going to try to update more often! Until next time...

No comments: